Hallo everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you look for new recipes to cook this week look no further!
We provide you only the best Baked beans We also have broad kind of recipes to make.
Before you jump to Baked beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Food: The Right Way to Do It.
When you begin your diet one of many things you will learn right away is that keeping a food journal is very helpful. Keeping a food log helps you identify the foods you are eating as well as the foods you are not eating. One example is that, after monitoring your meals for a few days you may realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats without nearly enough organic nutrients. Writing all of it down will allow you to see exactly which parts of your diet program really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
But let’s say you’ve been writing every thing down and still aren’t slimming down? There is a right way and a completely wrong way to track your food. There is more to food journaling than composing a list of what you eat during the day. You must note down other important pieces of information as well. Here are a few hints that you can make use of to help your food tracking be more successful.
Write down your emotions whenever you eat. This helps to demonstrate whether or not you turn to food as a reaction to emotional issues. It may also identify the foods you choose when you are in certain moods. Many of us will reach for junk foods if we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. When you look closely at how you eat during your different moods and emotional states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier alternatives around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
*We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked beans recipe. To cook baked beans you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked beans:
- Provide 1 lb rinsed white navy beans or pinto beans
- Prepare 1 medium onion peeled
- Prepare 1/2 lb bacon or salt pork
- Get 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Use 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Use 1/8 tsp pepper
- Prepare 3 tbls brown sugar
- Get 1/3 cup molasses
- Provide 1/2 ketchup
- Prepare 1 tbls yellow mustard
- Get 2 tsp cider vinegar
Steps to make Baked beans:
- Soak the washed beans in enough cold water to cover overnight
- In the morning add water to cover the beans if needed and simmer till beans are tender 1 hour maybe more.
- Meanwhile put molasses ketchup, vinegar, mustard in a bowl and mix. Add spices and brown sugar and 1 cup of boiling water and mix well until smooth
- Place onion in deep casserole dish or bean crock, (I use a 3 liter cast iron pot). Add the bacon or salt pork and spoon the beans and the liquid they boiled in over the onion and pork. Add the molasses mixture gently to the beans
- Place in a 300 ° oven for 5 1/2 hours. Check once in a while to make sure they are still covered in a bit of liquid.
If you find this Baked beans recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.